We’re excited to announce that all three Teach Your Monster to Read games will be available on Android tablets and iPad in March 2016!
What’s new in the tablet version:
- Connects to the online version of the game – great for teachers and students
- Includes First Steps, Fun With Words and Champion Reader
- Hours of game play in one app – covers two years of learning
- Children can now change their monsters!
Keep a lookout for further announcements and the app launch in the coming weeks.
Keep on reading!
What do people think of Teach Your Monster to Read?
“My class have reaped loads of benefits from using the programme and the difference in some of their reading skills has been dramatic.
– Maria Andrews, Foundation Phase Teacher
This game is the absolute best quality phonics game I have come across for educational and fun value.
– Marie Lewis, Rochdale
Read the reviews here: www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/reviews
It’s Halloween next week and the monsters are getting very excited!
We’ve put together a competition to decorate or design a monster hat in time for All Hallows Eve.
Three winners will each receive £50 worth of Usborne books for their school.
To help teachers with their phonics lessons, Teach Your Monster to Read has produced three physical phonics games. These games can be played in a classroom, hall or the playground and with a full class of children.
Find out more about the games and to print off the instructions.
We’re delighted to announce that Teach Your Monster to Read has been nominated for a children’s BAFTA.
The awards ceremony takes place on 22nd November in London. We’re up against some other fantastic interactive content such as, Escargot Escape Artistes, Virry and Monster Mingle. Wish us luck!
Here’s a full list of the nominations.
Time for a monster dance!!
My 7 year old son has been playing teach your monster to read for several months. I can’t give enough positive feedback about this wonderful game. My son has struggled with reading since kindergarten. He is currently receiving a great deal of extra support at school to help him through his struggles. Teach Your Monster to Read is an incredibly engaging game that keeps my son learning and having fun at the same time! I feel a huge deal of relief when its “time to read” by having this game available to us. My son has made noticeable improvements with reading in the past couple of months. I have to credit this game for much of it. As every parent and teacher knows, its so important to promote learning by helping them enjoy the process!! Thank you Teach Your Monster to Read for helping my son by keeping it fun and exciting, but at the same time challenging!
Lee Ann Cook from Western Massachusetts
Sign up to www.teachyourmonstertoread.com
To help teachers into the new term, Teach Your Monster to Read have launched a digital flashcard resource which you can use on a computer or interactive whiteboard.
These monster flashcards are completely free to use and cover the earliest letter-sounds that children are introduced to.
Find out more about these Digital Flashcards.
If your students have moved to another class or year group then you can now transfer players to that teacher’s Teach Your Monster to Read account.
Watch this video to see how to transfer players, or read on.
How to transfer individual players
- Click the tickbox to the left of the player’s name
- Click on ‘more’ and in the dropdown go to ‘change game’
- Scroll down the player’s page and go to ‘Transfer player’
- Type in the email address of the new teacher (that teacher must have an account set up on Teach Your Monster to Read)
How to transfer a whole group
Go to the group’s page and scroll down to the “Transfer Group” section.
Great news! We are giving away a free ebook to children who complete each of the three stages of Teach Your Monster to Read. The books are from the Usborne Very First Reading scheme and match the reading level of that stage in the game.
Once your child has finished a stage, just click the ebook link on the gameplay screen to view the book.
Alternatively, all the available ebooks can be found within your account settings, next to the player’s name. Click the ‘More’ button and scroll down.
More about the free ebooks.
Share your love for Teach Your Monster to Read!
We are giving away a free ebook to children who complete each stage of the Teach Your Monster to Read game. Here’s more about books on offer.
Dog Diary (Book 4), Moon Zoom (Book 8), Fight Knight (Book 14)
- Delightful stories to inspire beginner readers.
- Based on the principles of synthetic phonics, supports the “Letters and Sounds” programme used in thousands of UK primary schools.
- Child reads with an adult’s support, and gains practice reading longer words with groups of consonants.
- Fun puzzles test understanding, and provide opportunities for discussion and further reading practice.
Internal Dog Diary Images
Find out more about Usborne’s Very First Reading series:
If you would like to switch players between the games ‘Fun With Words’, ‘Champion Reader’ or ‘First Steps’ this is what you need to do.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the ‘More’ dropdown box next to the player/s name and click ‘change game’.
- Scroll down to ‘Currently Playing’ and choose the game you’d like to play.
Once a player is assigned to this game they can go straight into the game when they log in.
For more information about the educational content of each game please read our game by game comparison.